Cannes facts that will blow your mind
Would you like to know some interesting things about Cannes? Perfect! Cannes is one of the best cities in France that you should visit. You’ll find plenty of things to do beyond the beach and attractions.
1. Situated on the French Riviera on the Mediterranean Sea on Côte d’Azur, Cannes is full of charms that offer thrills and spills at every turn.
2. Cannes is in the region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur in the country of France.
3. Cannes became stronger and an independent city of the monks in 1530.
4. It was known as Cannua in the 10th century.
5. In the 17th century, the prison Fort Royal was a very hazardous place because some of the most dangerous criminals were exiled there.
6. Cannes has 7.6 square miles of land. Apart from that, the city has a population of 70,400.
7. Cannes is well-known for the Cannes Film Festival that shouldn’t be missed. People can attend this festival by leasing a car such as a Porsche rental in Cannes, just follow this link for more details. Besides, it’s the best means of transportation.
8. Another interesting fact about Cannes, during the Cannes International Film Festival, all red carpets can be changed three times a day. There are also animals in the red carpet.
9. No matter what time of year you’re visiting Cannes, there are plenty of events and festivals making your travel unforgettable like the MIPIM, the Mipcom, the Midem and the International Fireworks Festival.
10. The city mixes an easy-going sense of fun with a rich historical heritage. Those are the Chapelle St-Sauveur, the Boulevard de Pins, the Eglise Notre-Dame de Bon Voyage, the Château Scott, the Centre d’Art la Malmaison and the Suquet Hill.
11. Additionally, the city has shipbuilding and textile industries.
12. The average annual temperature in Cannes is 72 degrees Fahrenheit. The coldest month in the city is January, but the average high temperature is during August.
13. Cannes is one of the few cities in France that offers nightclubs.
14. Cannes hosts the world’s biggest television and documentary markets.
15. Cannes is a key emerging city for the luxury goods industry. If you like luxury shopping, this is the place.
16. There are plenty of great restaurants and luxury hotels for everyone visiting the city.
17. Visitors coming to Cannes are often surprised to find beautiful beaches all over the city. You can find the perfect beach getaway in Cannes such as the Plage de La Bocca, Plage de l’Abreuvoir, Plage du Midi, Bijou Plage and Plage Zamenhoff.